Thursday, June 12, 2014

GLITTER, too much glitter!

Guys. I made a thing. And by a thing, I mean I got crazy bored and I might of gone nuts with some glitter and glue. 
You are probably wondering what on earth I am even talking about. Well, I will show you!
This here is my little dresser. Its a great little dresser. (and yes it has more drawers than that, I just was too lazy to put them back in for the picture)


But I just really didn't like how it looked so I went a little nuts and decided it needed to sparkle. YES. I said SPARKLE. Now this look isn't for everyone, and I will admit it wasn't exactly a great idea to me either, but when it was done I thought it was kind of cute. 

It took a lot of this


A little bit of this



Maybe some of this


*Add a little sparkle and shine* And within no time it'll look like this


Now while all the drawers were drying and sparkling I had to stain the dresser. The only problem was I ran out of stain...so me and grandma got a little crafty. And we may of made our own stain out of water and acrylic paint. And you know what, it didn't look half  bad!


And after a lot of elbow work and quite a bit of glitter going in my nose here is what it looked like when we were all done!


Until later I decided to do this. And yes, the lighting is HORRIBLE.


Lets see how long THIS color will last! I'm thinking white, or mint next.


Keep in mind, I am far from a pro and this is really the first piece of furniture that I have actually decorated myself, so it isn't perfect. I have been doing a lot of crafty things and baking because I really have nothing to do. 
Well. I didn't have anything to do UNTIL TODAY.
I got a nanny job! I am quite excited. The family is probably the most gorgeous family ever. 
Anyways, that is all I have for you guys today. I am baking a lot of molten chocolate cakes tomorrow, which I said I would show you guys, so tomorrow I will have to give you a load of pictures! 
Talk to you soon!















No comments:

Post a Comment